We are all aware of this epidemic of small segway-like devices that are plaguing our streets. From middle-schoolers to college students, you see these pointless little devices under the feet of many, most of whom don’t understand that the invention was only cool for five minutes after it was released. If you are on the fence about whether or not you should buy one, take a look at this list beforehand. You’ll thank us one day.
1. Why pay over $200 to move at a slightly faster pace?
(Spend that money on something you actually need.)
2. Sooner or later, we won’t be able to fend for ourselves.
Technology is moving too fast for us and it’s terrifying.
3. You’ll get this look 99% of the time
4. You can’t use them inside.
Especially in the classroom, or any public place for that matter. Refer to Reason #1 if you’re that person.
5. And you can’t use them outside.
6. THEY DON’T EVEN HOVER.
7. It’s infuriating when the user is on their phone and going slower than need be while you’re stuck behind them.
8. They almost killed Darth Vader
Where would the Star Wars franchise be without him?
9. You too will leave our world in a fiery combustion.
At least if/when you try a Hoverboard for the first time.
10. Just please…don’t.
Need we say more?
Photo by: Christopher Furlong / Getty Images via Fast Co Design